Monday 30 July 2012

Classic Movies - Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

You may have noticed on one of my recent adventures I purchased 3 films - all classic musicals from the 50's. I am loving classic movies at the moment and thought I would do a little review for each one. Today I'm featuring Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. 

I'm not sure why this movie was given this title, given that both the brunette and the blonde seem to get quite a lot of attention! Having said that, Marilyn Monroe does look stunning! I actually can't quite believe she was a real woman, she seems beyond perfect!

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

Actually I have timed this review pretty well as the film features the entire men's Olympic swimming team in several of the musical numbers!

The movie revolves around Lorelei Lee (Marilyn Monroe) and Dorothy Shaw (Jane Russell) who are taking a trip to Paris. Unknowingly they are being pursued buy a  private detective hired by Lorelei's suspicious Father in law to be. The women receive much attention from the men on board, and silliness ensues!
Marylin Monroe and Jane Russell
The women's outfits are gorgeous, particularly the one above worn by Marilyn. If only we had an excuse to wear such glamourous dresses these days!
Marylin Monroe and Jane Russell

If you haven't heard of this film before I am sure you would recognise it for it's classic show tunes 'Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend' and 'Bye Bye Baby'. You can always have a good singalong to those ones!

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. Perfect for a rainy sunday afternoon! Kind of makes me want to go back in time though. If I had to pick an era to time travel back to, it would probably have to be the fifties. Of course, I would expect everyone to burst into song at various intervals throughout the day, but that's not too much to ask is it!?

Can you recommend me any classics to watch? I'd love to know which ones you enjoy.

Laura xXx

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE films like this especially on rainy days snuggled up on the sofa with the duvet lol. My favourite is An American in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that! That was one of the ones I bought! I watched it on Saturday, and I would have to agree, it is probably my favourite so far too!

      Delete
  2. Singing in the Rain is truly one of my faves, as is Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. They are my 'I feel blue' movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, singing in the rain is top of my list to watch now as I just watched An American in Paris and Gene Kelly was wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn chia sẻ trẻ sơ sinh nằm nôi điện có tốt không hay võng điện có tốt không và giải đáp cục điện đưa võng giá bao nhiêu cũng như địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng ở đâu uy tín.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena