Wednesday 3 October 2012

Bringing the outside in

Ugh, hasn't the weather just been disgusting recently?  Well it certainly has where we are, and I haven't much wanted to venture outside.  The nights are closing in and it's getting chilly! It's only 8:30pm as I write this and I am already snuggled up in my new PJ's and slippers. Of course it doesn't help that we currently don't have a roof on the house, but then again its quite exciting, a bit like camping in a massive tent with walls!? 

Ok, i've clearly got cabin fever!  I've been spotting some cool ways of bringing nature back indoors and I thought I would share them, for my own sanity if nothing else!

Nature Inspired Jewellery
I love this cute living terrarium necklace by Brooklyn based jeweler With Roots
Whale Plant Pot
Earthseawarrior  has some super quirky artifacts. I say artifacts because I have no idea what to call these! They are basically air plants potted in various strange and ingenious ways. I have a phobia of whales but I think this little guy is pretty cute!
Twig Terrarium
This is my favorite. Twig Terrariums  specialize in moss terrariums and other small worlds. I love the idea of having an entire world in a glass pot!
Twig Terrarium
A prisoner in a gumball machine? Genius!
Zombie Twig Terrarium
This one is kind of terrifying, and I'm not sure I'd want it in my living room, but I'm a huge zombie fan so of course this one had to feature! Plus it's halloween soon and its' time to get into the spirit!

I hope you enjoyed todays post. Chris is away tonight so I should have a chance to get on with some more engagement party planning! Hopefully after the party on sunday I will be posting more regularly. I have loads of ideas from the party that I want to share with you! 

Laura xXx

6 comments:

  1. I've ALWAYS wanted a little terrarium. These are SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace is so pretty! I've seen lots of little terrarium necklaces before but that one is definitely my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super cute isn't it! Such a shame I live in the UK. I think most of them are USA based and I'm not sure if they ship :(

      Delete
  3. Love the earth sea warrior piece. I must snag one when I get my own place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I want that zombie terrarium!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena