Saturday 31 August 2013

August Review

In Life

The 31st of August marks exactly 1 year since Chris and I got engaged! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by, it is crazy! I guess now it is seriously time to get to work on the wedding planning. Eek!
My friends moved into their house which is just down the road from where we will be living. I am itching to move into our new place now, I just can't wait! I have been doing a bit of a stock check, seeing what items we have and what we need. I've been to the shops to buy a few things, we now have lovely new bedding, a sieve, a potato masher, a dustpan and brush and an ironing basket! I get immense pleasure out of packing all of these things away neatly in a box ready to be used once we move in. It must be nesting or something!

What We Watched

Worlds End - Classic Simon Pegg and Nick Frost movie. Not as good as Sean of the dead but still great!
Kick Ass 2 - I was blown away by this film. Go see it!
Dear John - This is the kind of thing I end up watching on the TV when Chris is out gigging. I never used to like soppy romances, but I think I must be going soft in my old age because I quite enjoy them now.
Waterworld - Chris told me I needed to see this. It was pretty good. I love the concept that the world is now covered in water!
Grown Ups - Yep, this was quite funny!

What I Read

The zombie survival guide by Max Brooks - I had been wanting to read this for a while but actually found it a bit disappointing. I'm not sure what I was expecting though, it did a pretty good job of covering all bases. I think maybe, for me, zombies just aren't as entertaining in print. I need to see the action happening on a screen.
Dash and Lily's book of dares - A sweet book about a couple of teenagers that get to know eachother through a notebook. I think this is maybe meant for younger readers than me, I liked the concept but the book didn't really wow me.


In Blog Land

One giveaway finished and another began! If you haven't entered yet, you can still win this awesome Kenwood Blender worth £119.99!



My Favourite Posts

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena