Friday 18 July 2014

Cocktails Made Easy - 3 recipes to get the party started

Cocktail recipes
This time last week I was adding the finishing touches as I prepared for my first cocktail party! If you saw my post about simple syrups earlier in the week, you will remember that I was going to share a bit about the party and the cocktails I chose to make.

Since there were about 15 people coming to the party, I decided it would be rather tricky to make a cocktail for each person individually. So instead I came up with 3 cocktail recipes that I could make and serve in bulk in my pretty drinks dispensers, which we originally bought for the wedding. You can buy them here if you fancy giving this a go yourself.

Here are the recipes I devised for my cocktails, all of them went down well, but I think the Mojito disappeared the quickest!

Drunken Watermelon (far left)
500ml Vodka
2 litres Lemonade
350 ml of Watermelon Simple Syrup - Recipe here
Lime Juice to taste
Watermelon chunks (I cut mine into pretty stars using a cookie cutter)
Frozen Blueberries

El Macho Majito (middle)
500ml White Rum
2 litres of Soda Water
350 ml of Mint Simple Syrup - Recipe here
7 juiced lemons
7 juiced limes
2 sliced lemons
3 sliced limes
Mint Sprigs

Elderflower Fuzzle (right)
350ml Gin
4 litres Tonic Water
350ml Elderflower Cordial
Raspberry and mint ice cubes

And here are some pictures of the madness that ensued after consuming these sugar filled cocktails;
straws and mojitococktail chalk board
My Dad recently came over and mounted the chalkboard that was used for the open-mic at our wedding, to the wall in our hallway. I was excited to use it to show where important things were located.
canapes
cocktail recipe - drunken watermelon cocktails in bulk pretty glasses
Check out my pretty Italian wine glasses from Liberty London. I was very brave and allowed everyone to use these, thankfully they all remain in one piece!
shot glasses
We decided to do some shots of Apple Schnappes. Unfortunately it seemed that my shot glasses were all different sizes, and mine was by far the largest! Oh well, bottoms up!
And so we have the last ones standing.  The alcohol has clearly taken its toll at this point as Chris has replaced his glass of delicious cocktail with some freshly squeezed lemon juice in a lemon juicer.
He seems quite happy about it though.
We had a lovely night and I would definitely recommend my method of bulk cocktail making. It meant that I could relax once it had all been done, and I think it meant less mess too.  Everyone said how yummy the cocktails were, so I think we did pretty well. The secret is just put loads and loads of sugar in it! None of us slept for days.

Laura xXx

2 comments:

  1. this looks so much fun and I love your drink containers, very cool! I'm not sure I would have trusted anyone with those glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think they will come in very handy for gatherings and parties in the future!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena