Monday 29 September 2014

Wedding Photos - At The Church


wedding
This week our wedding was featured on Love My Dress, which I was very excited about!  If you want an overview of our whole day go take a look over there, but of course I will be recalling it all in minute detail over then next few posts here!

When I left you last I was walking to the church and Chris was driving over along with his ushers in Pip.  And finally, the big moment had nearly arrived!
order of service
We got married in All Saints Church in Martin. I kept the order of service simple and typed out and printed them off myself at home.

The boys were obviously in the church well ahead of us to greet the our guests, and they would also be providing some music. Here's some nice pictures of a few of the boys before the service got underway.
There was a slight mishap before I arrived.  We had given my brother-in-law-to-be, Alfie, the very important job of signalling to the best man when I had arrived, so that they could start playing my entrance music. Unfortunately he got it slightly wrong and actually signalled to them when my mum arrived with the bridesmaids. Apparently much hilarity ensued, and my Mum still thinks she nearly married Alfie!  Since I didn't get to see it myself, I think the picture below captures the moment terrifically, Alfie's face is a picture!
church wedding
We gave Best Man Ollie a rather tricky job when I decided that I'd like Elbow's 'One Day Like This' to be my entrance music, and I wanted him to play violin! He had some serious multi-tasking to do, but he did a fantastic job.



I must admit, I did get rather teary walking down the aisle. Partly because of my Dad setting me off, but also it was quite overwhelming walking into a room with so many of your friends and family, some of whom you haven't seen for a while, and of course, I was about to get married!
I was quite nervous about the service itself, I didn't really know what to expect. Luckily our vicar was amazing, he told lots of jokes and made the whole service really chilled out. In fact, I think Chris and I spent the entire service giggling away like school children!
As I got the the alter I realised I still had my engagement ring on! I had to pass it to my Dad in a bit of a panic and I don't think he had a clue what was going on since we hadn't rehearsed that bit!! So remember that ladies, maybe even take it off the day before if you can!

During the service my now Sister-In-Law Rosie read us A Lovely Love Story by Edward Monkton.  We picked it because it is a bit silly like us, but still has a really sweet sentiment.  My Uncle Danny also did a reading for us which was lovely. I really wanted to get him involved in the day as he and his family live in Canada, so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like at all.
During the signing of the register the band played, Africa by Toto, and Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac.
At the end of the service the band followed the procession out whilst playing which a lot of the guests commented on.  Then we had them sang 'the confetti song' in order to get the guests to pick up some confetti on their way out. It was basically them singing 'come on and get some confetti' to the tune of The Conga.  Meanwhile Chris and I nipped round the back of the Church and went in the back door, so that we could re emerge through the front for everyone to cover us in confetti!
confetti

Everyone said what a great service it was, so we were really pleased about that. I am so glad we decided to have lots of live musicians play though out the service, I think it really made a difference.

Laura xXx

2 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible! I love your musical choices- you definitely need to enter The Confetti Song for the next Eurovision :) You all look so cheery (as one would hope at a wedding!) and I particularly love the photo of you and Chris smiling at the camera while your bridesmaids and groomsmen have a giggle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible day Laura! You look beautiful! Congratulations :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Wrapped Up In Rainbows, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena